Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 71

So this week was pretty cool we had a bunch of new experiences and new things occur!

So to start it off, most missions in the US and I guess depends where else, basta, they can skype and they Facebook to teach. So we finally got a chance to do anything remotely close to that! We went to a potential investigator which was a return appt. we go there and they are busy making casava cakes that they sell which are the best things in the world! We sat down and started talking story with the Lola and then the son comes and is skyping someone on his iPhone(what the what?!) and has a tablet in the other(WHAT?!?) So he tells the person he is on the skype with that 2 white girls are here talking bisaya and that they gotta hear it! Ends up to be his sister who lives in New Zealand! She has lived there for 20+ years. We just started getting to know her and talked to her in Bisaya and such and then she told us she is in Aukland! DING DING DING! my batch is from there and it is horrie az there! But they gotta a church! So I asked if she had met other missionaries like us there before.... YUP! They taught her before and she had a Book of Mormon! They stopped visiting her after she had a surgery 3 years back! SO. Moral of the story, we had a chance to share through skype, but more importantly, we found out why we kept needing to go back to the Tenio Family. Because there was someone in their family ready, just not in the here sense. We got her information and everything and are so excited for the missionaries that will be teaching her and her family real soon! I took a picture while she picked up her phone... I couldn't pass the moment to say that we did missionary work through skype :)

So another cool thing! We had a movie night on Sat. We invited everyone! And they invited their friends and then they invited more! But, it rained! Buckets so we texted all that we invited and they were sad that they couldn't make it because of the rain. But those that made it enjoyed it and had so many great questions. We watched the Joseph Smith Movie and it was so great! I will attach pictures

Another thing... I found out where I am dying. Sister Stoehr had to go up to Tacloban on for her training meeting(she receives her first daughter this week). So she got all the dirt out of the APs.... I will be the taking over my last area, so the other part of Sogod, and my area right now! I was meant to be here for some reason :) Hahah, Weird that as of this week I will only have 6 weeks left. But I am gonna go out hard! Especially getting so much area now! As in, it is massive now! My last cycle will be wicked awesome! I just know it ! And I hope that whoever my comp is will do the same! Work Hard. Pray hard.

Well love you all!

SISTER BRAY........ FOREVER AND EVER!!






No comments:

Post a Comment