Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 66

Sooooo this last week, like directly after emails, I got extremely sick! Like my back started freaking out and I couldn't walk, I was about to pass out too. And it happened so fast! One minute was at the computer laughing at some funny pictures my friend had sent me with the Elders and then the next I was at the clinic down the street and blood checked. It was crazy. We were there for most of the pday in the outside waiting area sleeping on Sister Ralphs lap with the ZL's constantly near by telling the AP's what was going on. Then I got a fever while we were there.... it was bad. So the AP's made the 3 hour drive to come down and get me so they could watch me up in Tacloban. That night I woke up three times every hour in either sweat, freezing, or pain and with a flat lined 102 temp. it was terrible. The next day we had to go to the ZTM to get meds and fruit form the AP's took the pill.... magic. Pain gone. and my temp went down to 96. Don't know what it was, but it was magic. We still had to spend the day up in Tacloban though to make sure all was well. So, a day in the Office with the Elders..... hilarious!!! Funniest things ever go on in there!

We also had transfers this week.... I moved beds! Hahah, Sister Ralph was transferred to Ormoc and Sister Sorronda my batch became STL.... leaving behind me and....... SISTER STOEHR(steer). We are assigned in their area right now and its great! They have so many professionals in their area! We went finding them yesterday and it was a success!!!! Best finding I think I have ever done in my life! Well, other than the cookie aisle at the grocery store :0 but that could just be me :)

But ya, it has been a good week and we witnessed such a great miracle.... Our investigator prayed! I know it seems like a baby step, but with his religion... its a big step! Our investigator Raquel is a member of Iglesia, this church that was founded by an apostatized member and is popular in the phils. It is also very stupid how anyone could believe it.like it is obvious it is not gods true church. Basta they don't like Mormon's really and think Christ was just a man not lord. Soooo this was our second lesson with him and he usually will have questions and is shy for most of it and stuff, but when we invited him to pray and he was so hesitant and shy and it took us like 10min to get him to pray.... he didn't just give a mediocre prayer..... he gave thanks for being introduced to us. for understanding the apostasy and the restoration. He asked for help to know if it was true! Which none of us expected! Like there has never been any progression with any Iglesian member ever. Well rarely. IT was so sick! We go back to him later this week and we are so excited!

Well, I love you all so much! Have a great week!

SISTER BRAY

No comments:

Post a Comment