Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 69

Well just like the subject to this email... this week was full of down and ups! WE had a lot of investigators drop us basically. Sister Ralph, my last companion, always would warn about that, the good and blessings will come and then wait for the trial, you'll see how much your faith has truly grown. Well.... We had a 2 full days of being punted and no one wanting us. Never has that happened in my whole mission. No lessons and no one wanting to listen, It was very humbling. Sometimes we foreigners feel celebrity with how many people want to talk to us. So understanding that missionary work is actually hard work was humbling and took me off my high horse.

But we did have two really good ups, one I forgot to include in last weeks that has carried over to this week. Tatay Cosme! He is one of our investigators and is amazing! He has completely changed his life. No more problems with the Word of Wisdom and has no made it consecutively to church! But it gets better... He is a missionary! He invites all his friends to listen to us! And it gets better... He shares with them what he learns from us!! Scriptures and all! So in honor of his valiant service we took my Elder name tag and had to take a picture to document him and his killer missionary skills!

The other big high light is the baptism of sister Wendelyn on Saturday! She is amazing! Her parents are both members, but went less active. Her mother is now a returning member and her dad is over in Saudi for work. Most pinoys go there for work, because they have more jobs there. Her brothers are usually all out and about, but we are starting to focus on them too, Lemwel, Sherwin, and Louie. Our lesson with Wendelyn before her baptism was great! I wasn't her first missionary, but from what Sister Stoehr has told me she was so shy at the begining. In the lesson she opened up and told us all the changes that have happened in her life since she had started coming to church and hearing the lessons. She smiles more and laughs more, she doesn't do chores or work at school grudgingly anymore, she is more patient and willing to sacrifice, she is more confident in herself and knowing she is a Daughter of God..... Gah, I love missionary work!!!! :)

I have gotten a lot more emails recently form people who have gotten their calls and others who have just shared their testimonies... thank you so much! You are all amazing and will LOVE the field! Your desire to serve Him will not go unnoticed and you will surely see His hand in the work. I love my mission and don't want it to end... It is really the greatest thing I have ever done and I am sure you will feel the same way about yours!


Sister Bray..... FOREVER!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment