Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 53

hi hello everybody!

This week was.. better-ish! Umm, still trying to help Sister Miguel be obedient and such... A member shared with me that it is not just her mission life she is throwing away with her disobedience but her eternal life. So hopefully from how all this is going, she will make the change. 

This week though I was able to recognize so many more blessings... one of them being why I needed to come back. Before the storm I had an investigator. She welcomed us into her home because her neighbor who was our investigator was not home. She was super willing to listen to what we had to share and loved it, but there was just something missing. When we came back I immediately went back to see her. Her name is Kim and she is 17. We were talking about the Plan of Salvation and ended off at the 3 kingdoms. She had a break so we weren’t able to go back and see her for a while, but when we did and shared with her and her brother about the 3 kingdoms they said they want to go there! :) The next time we came by she had a question, and one that I love.... "Kaynanu may damu nga mga simbahan? -Why are there so many churches?" We came and shared how Christ built His church and because when he and his apostles died the authority and true church left the earth. She was like, "it all makes sense!... but then where is the true church now?" AGAIN! great question! And she could tell how happy it made me to hear her questions. She said that she has a friend name Glese.... the FIRST WARDS INVESTIGATOR! She told her to ask the missionaries that were teaching her and it would all make sense.... and she told her she needs to get baptized! WOOOOoooo HOooooo! She shared us this and how she wants to come to church! So she was planning on it, but her father was drunk, so she needed to watch him. Glese told us at church. Kim texted us that evening and said how sorry she was that she couldn’t come and how she wanted to so bad! She hasn’t come to church at all yet and this would have been her first time... Heavenly Father has a great plan for Kim I know it! She will do so many great things for so many people! Especially her family! IT could not have been a greater blessing to hear her open up with us and share all that Glese had told her, how it paved the way for her to finally come. GAH! I love missionary work!! It is the greatest! Seriously I know why I needed to come back now... Kim needed me, she was ready! :)


I love you guys so much and hope y'all had a great week!

here is a pic of the BOM that I talked about in last week’s email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment