Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 57

FIRST OFF..... EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS! 

Hello everyone again,

I hoped you all had an amazing Easter Weekend. Ours was pretty great as well! And... I little bit weird. So, the Philippines is very... Catholic! And very rooted in the "traditions of their fathers". They celebrate Holy Week like a fiesta mixed with some weird stuff. They want to make it real. As in reenactments. People will lacerate themselves, and crucify themselves. It's morbid. Luckily in my area, we don’t have that! Hahah, but we do have the Journey to Calvary. People will take the same journey as Him and talk to priests at each of the 12 points that He fell and say prayers. "Traditions of their fathers." Hahah, so on Good Friday we were asked to stay inside away from the crazies... OR, go to the church and watch movies! We chose the latter :) and it was amazing! On the Lords Errand, Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration, Legacy, and some good old cheesy ones :) it was great time! But kinda hard to see how the people here only SIMBA(worship) Him for one week in the year... whereas we do every Sunday.

This Sunday especially. Celebrating His resurrection. HIs Love. His Example. And just how much he cares for each and every one of us. We walked into the chapel... and none of our investigators were there. We waited. Service started. No one. We felt low. Where are they?? The Dusena Family... our elect Family that will never give up the church. I swear I prayed so hard in the opening song! And then through the window and pouring rain.... THERE THEY WERE! Gah, I love them so much! They have such strong faith and even refer to themselves as members already :) I love them. During sacrament I read all the stories of Christ’s resurrection... none is better than John. When he describes the pain that Mary of Magdalene and the sobs she cried out at the missing Savior.... Then the instant love and comfort He gives her. "Master." I love it. The Savior is truly the greatest example for us all. Especially how we can become perfected just like He. I know His Atonement is real and that through it we can all be reunited with our loved ones again and enjoy the rich blessings of eternal life.

I hope you all enjoyed this great Easter Sunday as I did :) I love you all and hey, share the video! LET THE WORLD KNOW HE LIVES!!


SISTER BRAY

No comments:

Post a Comment