Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 62

Sister Melagros got baptized this week!!! It was a great experience for her and for us to witness. It has been awhile since me or Sister Ralph have had a baptism. Truly a blessing from Heavenly Father :) The Zone Leaders were her missionaries before and had set the date before they were pulled and out transferred. She loved them. So all me and Sister Ralph needed to do was teach the final lessons and make everything good :) It was amazing! She couldn't wait either to get her certificate and show it to everyone! I loved it! 

We had our last meeting/interviews with President and Sister Andaya this week too... Gah, I love them so much! Heavenly Father truly blessed me with them. I will miss them so much! Especially how Sister Andaya will always call me Sister Angelina Jolie Bray.... Hahah, I loved it so much from her! Everyone here calls me that too... But she says it the best! President gave a training on The Doctrine of the Family.... hahaah he kept telling us the whole time "Don’t get trunky" Hahah, he is hilarious. He helped us out too with our other investigator Nanay Marienteta, her baptism needs to be moved again.... ITs rather sad. She wants to, but all this stuff gets in the way. She is great though! I love her! And she helps me with my Tagalog :)

And The most amazing thing too happened this week.... ME and Sister Ralph, I actually don’t know how to describe it, but we had the most spiritual, yet at the same time, weirdest lesson this week. It was with a Less Active sister who didn’t want her kids to get baptized when they were able to. Basta, when we first met her she told us she was sick so that was her reason for not coming to church. We decided we would just review the message of the restoration with her and her 2 daughters. It was amazing! The spirit that was felt there and testimony that was borne as well! Geh, it was great! The sister though was very resistant and told us she was back to Catholic. You find the truth and then you go back... I don’t understand it. I asked if she read the book of mormon, once she said. and I told her of its truth. to go and reread. and you could just tell the spirit was there. Trying so hard to testify to the woman and her 2 daughters of its truth and she just kept denying it. We had no idea what to do to help her further to feel it. We told her again though how it would all come back... once she read.

I know the Book of Mormon to be true. That Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God and that we have a living prophet today that leads us further towards our eternal goal. Please, just give it a read! It’s GREAT! and it will testify to you further that Jesus is the Christ, that families can be together forever and that we come further to know our Father.

I love you all! TAKE CARE!!!




PS We went on a very fun adventure today as well to this cool farm place, hence the reason why this is so late and I am emailing :) I will send more pictures!

Baptism pics

I held hands with a monkey :) if you show your teeth they get defensive... so yes, this was a very solemn moment

Also got to go fishing with a bamboo stick... GOT TWO BIG ONES!!! 


"As a hen gathereth her chicks under her wings..." Hehehe






No comments:

Post a Comment