Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 56

We're gonna talk about a little thing called patience right now. ITs not really little it’s actually BIG! as in BIG-E smalls big... Patience is something we need every second of every day. and is everyone's "favorite" christlike attribute. I have worked my patience to the very brim this week, along with the whole zone! Hahaha, it’s been a rather crazy week... we'll start from the beginning....

So this week it started off with rain.. and lots of it. As of now our house has flooded 6 times. This morning was 2 of those. in the span of 4 hours, the house flooded twice! See, the drain pipe outside, literally leads to the inside of our laundry room..ergo FLOOD! It’s been wonderful. The first time happened the day of Zone training Meeting... we were late obviously. As we got there, we found out that the Elders apartment has not had water for two days... they had not showered. After the meeting started... brown out! No Air con... great! The rain increased louder and louder and in all the hectic nonsense that was going on..... we learned. I will be honest I have never learned so much by the spirit in any other meeting I have attended here on my mission! It was incredible! Elder Murdock shared something that will stick forever.. "To the world Yolanda was a tragedy, but to PTM it was a miracle." -ALMA 57:25-27.

Carrying on with our week.... we headed down to Tacloban for a Conference meeting..5 hr. drive in a van that goes at least 70mph on every sharp turn... the best! get to do it again next week! and guess what EACH training was on.... PATIENCE! As the week got close to conference coming, we got more and more excited! And then we found out we had a scheduled brown out. We would have to wait until 7pm to actually begin to watch it! again patience was tried! But we all held our cool!

Conference was amazing! I loved it! Especially Bishop Stevenson’s about the Four minutes we have here... we gotta live it up! And when I say that, I do not mean as in party all day party all night. I mean UP as in higher holier state UP! We gotta work to get our exaltation, not just get it as a golden star for trying... this is not little league try-outs but the Olympic Finals! We gotta work hard, pray hard and be working our whole lives, just as these athletes for our eternal medals- our eternal homes with our Father again.

But from all this leering and hardships of patience come the blessings.....We were blessed to witness 5 investigators attend general conference. WE are blessed to at least have a home to go home to each day. We are blessed that we were able to see President and Sister Andaya this last week! I know this letter may sound like a big Debby Downer on how the Lord is trying to help me learn as well as the Zone, but I there is a blessing to every trial! 

Patience was tried again while writing this... 6 brown outs just occurred(I speak English... really I do). SO I hope that this will send out to all of you... Please know I love you all always and hope this week will be just as amazing for all of you! 


SISTER BRAY

Sooo we had FHE at the Canete fam last week... I lost the game and so did Maylyn... so we had punishment.... 

I sang JUST GIVE ME A REASON mixed with  THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE while she danced... PASAWAY HI SISTER BRAY :) 


After the FHE we gotta hitch a ride on the back of an ACTUAL MASSIVE Construction truck... all the guys here do it and it has been MY DREAM! so I can now check that off the BUCKET LIST :)

We did not have our Payongs with us... and we got attacked by a massive wall of rain on the way home... it was pretty funny

This is how we drove to Tacbloban...  hahah :)





No comments:

Post a Comment