Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 17


Hello Everybody!!!!!!

This week has been really funny! Especially the weather! One day it is super blazing hot and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do about it, the next it will rain all day! Hahah, I don't get it! But I found out that rain season picks up in August :) couldn't be happier right now as I am sweating my butt off whiling typing! Hahah :)

We found out that our average attendance is 42...  yep. And with the recent broadcast we deciding that really needed to change. The Canete Family(ps there should be a squiggle above the N) is mostly active. There son is the wards first counselor in the bishopric, but with school he isn't able to make it as much. And his sister has recently been called to be one of the ward missionaries. Their parents have started to go less active so we decided to go and visit them. 

Before we started anything, Nanay Canete left the room and went into their kitchen. She didn't realize I was in the right position to see her in the mirror on their wall as she started to cry... She came back a little later and we began watching a little church film from the 80s about families called, Together Forever. It's pretty cheesy, but the message all through out it is one of love and testimony of the gospel. Nay was crying for most of the film and Tatay too. All of us, Me and Sister Quijada, and Brother and Sister Canete bore our testimonies.... The Spirit that was felt was amazing, and something that I had been missing so much since being here. Nanay and Tay bore their testimonies as well and told us that we needed to come over every Tuesday and visit with them. They made it to church on Sunday.

It's these little beautiful things that make me so happy to be here. I wish everyday and every lesson could be like this and that everyone could realize their Heavenly Fathers love for them. But that is why it's called work I guess :) Hahah, I am so grateful for this experience and hope that this Tuesday will be the same! 

I love you all and pray for you all as well! Please pray for rain :) Hahah. it is much needed right now! :)

Sister Bray

No comments:

Post a Comment