Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 16


So, on about Thursday I was talking to Sister Quijada and I was like, "Well, another boring week.... What am I going to write home about!?" That night we got a text form our ZL's (Zone Leader's) saying to head home and charge our phones, get food and water, and stay inside... A Typhoon was coming and would last about a day.... Hahah, I would say prayer answered, buuuuutttt I won't!

Hahah, so while teaching a lesson the storm started and the wind was cray! Same with the rain! Hahah, so it was a quickie and then we started heading home! It died down though... lame right? So the whole night it had rained, and the ZL's had told everyone it was a signal 1 warning, which is basically toddler sized storm. In the morning it got to Signal 2, the highest is 5. They told us to continue staying inside and not to work until they had texted in the afternoon. But in Tanauan, it seriously wasn't that bad. Well, it was a typhoon, but me and Sister Quijada were both like, "Oh we so got this!" So, we worked through a Signal 2 typhoon... WHADDUUPPP! Hahaha, we got turned down though. Who turns down Sisters that come to your door during a typhoon?!? Unsa ma na?! ( What the heck?! ) 

Ok, spiritual moment..... I hope you all watched the Leadership Broadcast! We were just able to watch it yesterday(Sunday). And It was amazing!! PS There is a scene in there from my work in Draper... So I was freaking out and saying THAT'S MY WORK! THAT'S MY WORK!! Hahah, but it was seriously something that we all needed. The missionaries and the members! I recomend everyone to go and watch it! We are all called to do the work and share the happiness we know! And get this..... there are currently 70,000+ missionaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing right?!?! It couldn't be a more amazing time right now! I'm still a little nervous about the possibility of training in a few weeks and not having follow-up, and barely knowing the waray waray language.... but, if the Lord needs this many of us at this time, we will do all we can to accomplish what He asks.

Well, I love you all and hope the summer heat is good to you! I figure by the time I get home, which will be fall next year, that I will feel like I am in an ice age from going from SUPER hot and humid weather to the chill of fall! Hahah, But I love you all and pray for you all constantly and I am so grateful for all of you as well, and for your constant encouragement. LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Sister Bray

1- The picture is us working through the typhoon... PS it was one beach too:) 

2- Sister Quijada and I with the Solayo Family.... Please excuse Ninya, she  hates the hot weather as much as I do! But I don't take my clothes off in public! Hahah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment