Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 18


Hi Hello!!!!

I finished my 12 weeks training this week!!! Haha, can you believe it?! :) Crazy! And the new batch of 17 sisters is coming in this week as well, and I very well could be training one of them! I don't feel ready at all for this big adventure, but if it is needed :) The big wave of missionaries is really starting to hit and most word on the street is that most of my batch, so 10 sisters, will be training! .... I can't even describe my emotions. Scared, nervous, excited, basically all wrapped into one :) I can barely even get by, so I am kinda hoping I will not be training. because then we will just be a bunch of lost girls here in the PI. Hahah, but I guess we will just see! :) But I am so grateful for all the learning that I have obtained through these 12 weeks, and how closer I have been able to became in trying to do the work. There are many days that I wish it were English, and I would fully feel like I was fulfilling my purpose, but I know that with relying on the Lord I will be able to!

This week, we also had Mission Tour. Elder Teh of the Seventy spoke to us and gave such inspiring words! He gave us all notice and asked us to prepare 2 minute talks on the following: Preparing to teach with the Spirit, Having the Faith to Find, and Using the Lords Time Wisely. SO all the missionaries he had chosen were called out on the spot, all surprised and nervous, because well, he is a seventy, and worried if they were prepared. So he had said all three topics and who would be speaking on them. So I thought I was for sure off the hook.... Nope, He chose Four. And I was asked to talk on having faith to find. Hahah, I started freaking out! I had everything prepared and was ready to give a talk, but still I was so nervous! Hahah, but I was still ready! So I start walking up there, and in my mind I'm thinking, "Don't trip! Don't fall! Don't throw your scriptures if you do fall!" Hahaha, so i get up to the pulpit and confirm that I had heard right that I was supposed to talk and I was to talk on faith. Haha, then I turn around and set my scriptures on the pulpit and say, "Maupay na Aga!... Oh my gosh!...... I just totally broke my scriptures!" MY scriptures broke right as I had set them on the pulpit! They paper fell right off the binding "Well, this totally blows!" Hahah, everyone was asking how my scriptures were after the meeting and quoting me being a dork. Great impression, right? Not to mention that I said crap over the pulpit as well... What do you do? :) 

But it truly was a great experience! And I loved being able to speak to the missionaries of the faith that we need in our finding efforts. Finding in Tanauan is hard. Really hard. And I have had to have that faith constantly. Elder Murdock, who spoke on Having the Faith to Find as well, said something really provoking. His best friend is not a member. And he loves him so much, as we all love our best friends as well. He wants for his best friend to receive the best happiness in the world, this gospel, so badly!.... And if we want that for someone we love, we should want that for everyone! And work towards it! Love everyone and WANT for them to receive this! I can truly testify that there is no greater work. And there is no other work with a greater income than this. I know that to be true! 

Well I love you all so much and I am so very grateful again for all of you and for this amazing opportunity! Please, go and help the missionaries and give referrals, they will appreciate it so much and it helps the work so much!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Sister Bray 

Pic 1: the scriptures
Pic 2: Patrick, Ninya, and Jpoy; Sister Myrna Alfon and Brothe Solayao's cute kids



No comments:

Post a Comment