Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 19


Kumusta kamo tanan!!!!!!!!

What a fun week! Well, I am not training!! I am pretty grateful bout that! But Sister Quijada is! :) and she is opening an area too! Her trainee, my "sister", is from a place by Payson that starts with an E, I forget what it is called. But I was able to meet her and she is super amazing! 

Which means I get a new companion...... Her name is Sister James and she is from Pakistan!! Far out right???!! :) She is super amazing and will totally help the ward. And she is the biggest joker! I love it! She is hilarious! 

Hahah, on transfer day, Sister Baylon, Tanauan 1st sister, and I went to the Burgos chapel downtown to pick up our new companions. I had mine, but her companion was still traveling down from Catarman. Well, long story short. We spent the rest of the day with the AP's looking for our lost sister in Tacloban! Hahah her name is Sister Gaono and she is from Samoa. So our house right now is culture central right now! Philipina, Pakistani, Samoan, and and American (1/4 Hawaiian reppin, yo!) Who wouldn't want to get baptized? :)

On Sunday, the stake president came to our ward, which is different. Then he asked to have a meeting with us..... Apparently, Tanauan 2nd is the biggest concern in the ward right now. Legit. We have 600+ members in our ward and only 45-60 active members, and 100 returned missionaries. And we also had a ward meeting about how we need unity in the ward. No one likes each other. And the members especially do not like the Bishop. He has been serving for 8 years and last Sunday he was the concluding speaker, more like the venting speaker though. he called the ward out a lot. It was kinda rough because he isn't doing anything to help it. The stake president, President Aban told us that he might be adding additional missionaries in our area as well. I told him PLEASE! It has truly gotten so hard this past three weeks, so hopefully with the additional coming in this next cycle it will be able to help! :)

Well, I love you all so much and I am so grateful again for all the blessings each and everyone of you are in my life! And remember who you are and what you stand for, don't talk to strangers, all that good stuff :)

Sister Bray


PIC: Sister Quijada and I's last night with the Solayao family


No comments:

Post a Comment