Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 7


Big hello from the PHILIPPINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have much time, but know that I am safe! Sorry I wasn't able to call and talk to everyone at the airport!! But, all the flights went smoothly!! But the 10 hour flight to Tokyo was a killer!! Gah, we were all up and about talking with the stewardesses because we were so sick of sitting. We sit everyday in the MTC, more sitting was too painful!!

The Philippines is AWESOME!!!!! We spent our fist night a glorious hotel in Manila! No joke! That hotel was SOOO nice! 5 star status, yo! The next day we got on our flight down to Tacloban. That airport is jacked up! And being flight leader in an airport with no Air Con was death! We caught up with ten missionaries from the Manila MTC headed to our same mission, they are super cool!

The PI is super hot!!!!!! Like death!!!! Manila was barely bearable, Tacloban was death, and my very first area..... the hottest in the entire mission. The city of Tanauan!! It's been really fun so far! But this a definitely a third world..... it makes me so sad. I just want to help everyone! But, as much as they love seeing a white girl named Sister, we can't communicate with each other. My area speaks Waray-Waray H. A Language I know nothing about! So the ward and my trainer are helping me out so much!

My trainer(nanay) is Sister Quijad, she is from Bilaran! In the south of PI. She is super sweet and speaks english, cebuano, and waray... SO She is a super big help!! Or home is lovely, no air con though..... but we do have fans. I stand in front of them all time! My bad is the top bunk, so I sweat all night! We have a little house friend named, Stuart! as is Stuart Little! He isn't bothersome at all and will just run across the floor and back again. We don't see him often! I'll send a picture of our bathroom next week and we shower here, crazy!!
I wish I could write a longer letter, but I don't have enough time and I am already over. So I will tell you all more next week! PRAY FOR ME! The language is so hard and I need all the help I can get! I speak in Cebuano, but waray-waray doesn't know any of it, they are closer with Tagalog. So I will come hope speaking THREE languages...hopefully! So please, I need all the help I can get!!

I love you all so much and pray for you all always!!

GIHIGUGMA KA NAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment