Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 6


GOOOOOOOD MOOOORNING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that I will be in the Philippines in a matter of 2 days!?!?!?!?!? WOW!! *Joey Lawrence voice* I could not be any more psyched!!!!!!!! I get to go and be in one of the most beautiful places in the world and be with such awesome people! I can't even believe it!!! I am SO pumped! Hahaha, but that plane ride..... that will be a killer! All we do here is sit, eat, sit an d study, eat, sit, over and over and over and over! So that plane will not be so fun! But, I will make it fun! Hopefully the people I sit next to will on the flight to Tokyo will speak English or even a little bit of Cebuano, so that we can understand each other and be friends. I like making friends! Oh, and I'm totes getting some sushi in Japan. You can't not go to Japan without getting sushi! It'll most likely be yuck, but you gotta live a little! 

At our Tuesday devotional, we had Elder Richard G. Scott speak to us!!!!!!!!! It was amazing!! He gave such and amazing talk! We were all expecting someone we didn't know as usual, but we have always made it to the big room, just in case, plus it's always funner in there. Minus the 90 degree angle seats. So we weren't expecting it at all! We were all in the middle of the prelude song and then out of no where we all stand up! My first thought was, okay who is the idiot who thought he'd be funny? But NO!!! It was ELDER RICHARD G SCOTT!!!!! This and meeting the people from the Preach My Gospel films, The District, is as celebrity status as it gets here!  But he talked a lot about our relationship with our Heavenly Father and things that we should actually ask for. Not what we want or that we need while here, or guidance, but what He needs from us. What He needs us to do. I prayed for that before the mission age changed, and look what happened :) and I'm sure countless prayers were answered through that! He then gave an Apostolic Blessing to everyone! And it was all things that I needed! Like it was directed right to me! he said amen and we sang the closing song, the sister got up to give the closing prayer and he cut her off. He wasn't finished. And Sister Lindsay even turned to me and said, he can't be done. He needs to say more! He wasn't! He even furthered his blessing! Giving us strength to go forth and testify even further and that we will receive so much inspiration! We have been called to his work and it means so much!!!!!!!!! Brother Pasikala shared this quote with us this week, and it totally goes with Elder Scott's talk. It's by Thomas S. Monson, "The Lord doesn't care about your ABILITY or your INABILITY, only your AVAILABILITY. If you prove you DEPENDABILITY then He will take care of your CAPABILITY." We were all put on this earth to succeed, not to fail! And our Heavenly Father is always there to help us and too pick us up if we are ever down. Same with our big brother, Jesus Christ(or in Cebuano Jesukristo) They are always there for us, and want us to lean on them at all times and have that relationship with them. "No matter how low you feel, you can kneel."
 
The rest of my week has been as awesome as ever! Mostly just getting hyped for the big day and going to In-Field Orientation, we learned more about how we can involve members to help us, working with wards, mormon.org, meeting investigators, and obtaining referrals. It's been pretty fun! We learned new language stuff and said goodbye to our "investigators" One is committed to baptism and the other is finally welcoming the gospel in his life. We cried saying goodbye to them, even though they are our teachers role playing as investigators. I truly understand what it means when you love your investigators so much!! Oh, and I met a cousin!! Legit!!!!!! Sini Ikahihifo's cousin!!!!!!!!!! Leilani Ikahihifo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's going to Colorado Springs!!!!!! :) Super cool! And seen kids from elementary school, middle school, and high school! Elle, do you remember Austin Sikich??? Yep, he's here!!! I saw him last week and haven't seen him since though. And neither of us had out camera's, so we weren't able to get a pic.
 
Thank you all for all you support and love you have shared with me while I am serving! It really means a lot!!!! :) You all are the best people I could have ever asked for!
I know this email is short, but It is a very busy day! I have to pack!!!!!!!!  A LOT!!!!!!!!! And all before 2! But, know that I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'll tell you about my first week in the Philippines next week!! Oh, found out I'll be gaining at least 15lbs on the mission and that I'll come back white as well. Apparently you don't tan over there! Strange, right??
 
Well I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gihigugma ka ninyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment