Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 4


KAMUSTA MGA TAWO!!!!!!!!!!

This week has been as amazing as always! How 'bout conference everybody?? 65,634 CURRENT MISSIONARIES! Plus, 20,000 Calls and 6,000 others going through meetings with their leaders. Bringing the total to over 80,000!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!! They do not kid around when they say the Lord is hastening His work. Nor, how could they?! :) We had the opportunity to watch the Young Women’s Broadcast while the Elders were in Priesthood! Which, if you don't know this yet..... I LOVE YOUNG WOMENS!!!!!! So much!! So, I cried the whole time! :) I have never cried in any other meeting we have had here, than I have in that one! If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching it. NOW! You will not receive any better enlightenment of being a daughter of God! Hearing the amazing words of our leaders tell us exactly what we all need to hear! I love them! I especially love Sister Elaine S. Dalton's final words to the Young Women. Having watched the General Conference session of her being released, followed by the Young Women’s Broadcast of her last time announcing herself as the YW General President and choking up over it.... oh, it gets to ya! I'd have to say, my favorite talk, would have to have been by Sister Ann M. Dibb. Mostly because of the relativity I felt to it! The youth theme this year is "Stand in Holy places, and be not moved." Ergo, the broadcast was centered on such! :) Her talk was about standing up and creating a Holy place! Making any moment a Holy place. Just as Joseph Smith did in Liberty jail. Through such a hard and unjust time, he received some of my favorite scripture passages, and did create a Holy Place. When I was receiving my patriarchal blessing, Patriarch Lloyd, had a piece of wall and a stake, framed in his office. He told me his families story of  their love for the Logan temple and how much work and service their family has put into that House of  the Lord. When the temple was being remodeled, the Holy of Holy rooms was moved. The Holy of Holy rooms, is a room specifically for the prophet to receive revelation and guidance for the church. His family having such a closeness with the temple was able to keep a piece of the temple rubbish. They were given a piece of the Holy of Holy's wall and stake that was within the wall. He referenced my blessing to my Holy of Holy's. A place where I can receive personal revelation and guidance to stay on the path of truth and righteousness. My blessing means the world to me and all that it does entail and pertain to. Some I am still trying to figure out which part of my life to! But, hey life was given to us to make us happy! Elder Muir said that all the time! So, I will figure out what everything is meant for in due time! I got many years to do so!

I won't give anything else away about the broadcast, because I want you all to experience it for yourself! It truly is an amazing thing! So please, go and partake!

If I haven't told you how much Brother Young tells stories, well I will now. He ALWAYS has a story to share! This week in our Book of Mormon study, we barely made it to the 8th verse in a 30-40 something chapter! Hahah, the stories he shares with us are my favorite thing when he teaches us! Hahah, even more the way that he shares them! They are so lively and happy and hilarious! Sister Hogge filmed him this week! He didn't even notice that he was being filmed until after he had finished his story about a Nanay in the Philippines who kissed his cheek and ran a mile barefoot in the hot sun, cane and all, to give him the bag of peanuts he had forgotten. Nanay is like a very beautiful term for an elderly grandma figure. She was also in her 90's when she did this! I can only dream to be how he described her when I am 90!

I'm trying to think of another funny story to leave you with that happened this last week..... Sister Hogge totally ate it on the Temple walk yesterday! Hahah she was climbing up to a... I don’t know what you would call it! A marble flower box, where Elder Call was standing trying to find our other Elders. Mind you, this flower box is maybe half a foot off the ground. If that. Well on her way to get up there, her right foot caught the corner of the bed ( I told her high knees as she was "climbing") and she feel right into the flowers and bush! I couldn't help her out the bed I was laughing so hard! Nor could Elder Call who was right next her! Hahahah, she couldn't even help herself out she laughing so hard! All the missionaries around that saw were laughing just as hard! She knows how much I love to see people fall, so I laughed hard all day yesterday! I am laughing so hard even now repicturing this all in mind! Hahah, the Elder typing on the computer next to me must think I'm mad!

I asked Sister Brinton how to say, "I'm so funny!" and "You/We/I can do it!" So, there isn't a way to say I'm funny, but her companion would always call her a joker! Hahah by saying," OOOOOOiiiiiiii joker, ka!!" Hahah, so that is mine and Sister Hogge's new saying whenever we do something hilarious! You/ We/I can do it is- Kaya Nimo, Kaya Namo, and Kaya Nako

Sister Rosdhal could be leaving this week!!! She's super psyched!!! If he test results come back a-okay, she is golden!!! I really hope she'll be able to! We had Vocal Point for our devotional last night (which btw, it was freaking amazing!!!!!) one of them served in Argentina and his visa.... well, it would not let him! So he was here for a total of FOURTEEN WEEKS! You could just tell that Sister Rosdahl's heart fell. She has been here already for nearly 7-8 weeks and is losing it! WE want her to get out there so bad!! WE love her so dearly!!!! :)

I ran into some old friends that came in on Wednesday, one who did humanitarian work in the Philippines last year! HE was in ilioilo though. He went with a group called YMAD-youth making a difference. He then shared with me how his leaders he went with, broke off and created a new group called ROW- reaching out to the world (I think)..... anywho, I have a new idea of something to do when I get home! Go back and do service in the Philippines! :) hahah, being able to speak a language and multiple dialects should help! He told me more in detail all the adventures he was able to  do while over there. Play with the kids, teach them the smallest of things, have them teach him in return, rebuild homes and clinics and schools, and even SWIM!! I cannot tell you how much I wish I could swim! I have even had dreams about it! That there is a pool in 2M that no one knows about and I find it and we all go swimming because we are actually allowed to, it's just that they don't want to the pool to be crowded! But hey, there is always typhoons and flash floods to swim in (yuck) Hahahha, WE joke about that all the time in our district. Me and Elder Muir love to swim, so they always joke with us about what it will be like "swimming" to our investigators houses :) What do you do!

I have dreamed three times this week in Cebuano. Not fluent I should tell you! Just some words and thing I know, and then some stuff I have no recollection of even knowing! I wake up and think, "What on earth is that word?!" And then I forget it and never find out if it as an actual word or if I am just speaking jibberish in my dreams! Hahah, oh joy! And I have become dyslectic! (<<<see) I will write Cebuano and English and then it gets all mixed up in my head and takes me a minute! And cebuano isn't a written language, so I don’t even know now I am getting so jumbled up! Hahaha, one day It will eventually stop. SYL, right?? :)

I have a million other things I want to share with you guys each week, but I never have enough time!
But, I love you all and hope for you safety always!

GIHIGUGMA KAMO!!!!!!!!!


1.- Johnson is Elder Muir's coat, playing Tommy Boy! He is too much like him!
2.- Elder Muir's eyeball! If you look closely you can see that it is distorted!
3.- Me and Sister Hogge at the temple with Johnson and Manning in the background!




No comments:

Post a Comment