Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 36

Maayong Hapon!!!!!! (Cebuano ko na) :)

Well, life in Cebu is progressing :) My Cebuano improving. This is my first area that is Cebuano and I miss Waray-waray soooooo much! But, I will continue! Because I know that I am needed to learn all these languages for a reason! And to share the gospel with these wonderful people. Throughout my mission that has been something I have noticed. I need these languages to help specific people with specific problems. I can testify that it is really hard, but all worthwhile when you see the Light of Christ grow in someone’s eyes. 

This still is a pretty big city coming from Tacloban. I had my first ever lesson on a couch this last week. It was the weirdest sensation ever! Hahah, I am used to dirt floors and swatting my legs every minute to keep mosquitoes away, even though I still have to swat the mosquitoes :) they just love that foreigner blood! I am like a five star buffet here! But, throughout my whole stay here in the Pines, I continue to grow and recognize even further the beauty if this place and culture. These people are amazing! And are eager to hear what we have to share. I don’t care if it is just because I am white, it gives me an opportunity to plant a seed in someone’s heart that will eventually grow. 

I am still working on reading everyone’s emails since the storm, so please be patient! It has been pretty crazy. But I would love to continue to hear from you all, so I will put my new address at the bottom. The President Aban, the stake Pres of Tacloban, evacuated with his family to my ward, so it has helped with my waray-waray hunger :) They shared with us this week that most likely, everything will be back by January. Here's hoping! Hahah, I love this place, don’t get me wrong, and I know that I am needed here for a purpose, but I miss my home back in Tacloban. I miss the people, I miss my friends, and I miss the culture there. Trust me, one island hop and it’s a whole new world! For example... you never saw people holding hands or being lovey-dovey anywhere, here... it's like an LOC problem everywhere! Hahah, but, adjustments are key to every new thing. 

I am so continually grateful for this blessing to serve the Lord, and for this call to help all that I come in contact with recognize the great plan that our Father has for him. I know that through every trial comes something to help and bless our lives. I can testify of that and the great happiness that comes from following the commandments. I hope that you all have a great week and that you all will continue to pray for those who are devastated by the storm. I love you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :)

SISTER BRAY 

Philippines Cebu East Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints Compound

Bajac, Liloan, Cebu 6002
Philippines
 

PIC: My companions: Sister Diongco and Sister Ande.....They are amazing!!!!I 



No comments:

Post a Comment